Friendly Support Foundation is a non-government organization established as a public benefit foundation with Act № 608/2002 of the Ruse Regional Court by Court Decision № 1728/18.07.2002. The Foundation is registered at the Central Register for Non-Profit Legal Entities in Public Benefit with the Ministry of Justice of Bulgaria. The foundation also has a License issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy № 208/02.03.2004 for social services provision. The basic activities of the foundation are social (working with children and youths in institutions), cultural, educational, charitable, ecological, addiction prevention, supporting people with disabilities and others.
Foundation goals are:
- Improving people’s cultural communication and education level, developing them as living in harmony with themselves as well as the people and the environment around them;
- Achieving social situation, excluding or decreasing to a minimum the problems of people with unequilateral social status or disabilities, as well as the children in risk;
- Strengthening the economic sturdiness and increasing the level of psychological and physical stability, as well as increasing the life standard;
- Assistance for maintaining equality, mutual understanding, cooperation, support and tolerance between the different ethnic, religious and lingual communities;
- Unifying the community effort with the country and regional institutions’ ones, as well as those of natural people and corporate bodies for recognition and protection of human and children rights;
- Increasing the possibilities for developing talented people and gifted children for encouraging their creative and innovative skills.
Members of the foundation are social worker, ergotherapeuts, psychologists, teachers, tutors, journalists and intellectuals. The foundation is tightly working with NGO’s from the Netherlands, Germany, France and Bulgaria.
On 30th June 2005 Friendly Support Foundation managed to build, furnish and prepare alternative social service provision “Friendly Support” Protected House for youths with mild mental retardations leaving the institutions, and at this moment the Foundation works with three such houses on the territory of Ruse.